White River Campground
- Canoe Launch
- Hiking Trails
- Large Group Facilities
- Laundry Facilities
- Locker Room
- Picnic Shelters
- Picnic Tables
- River Views
- RV Hookup
Located on the west bank of a picturesque stretch of the White River, the White River Campground offers the perfect spot to spend a getaway weekend in Hamilton County, Indiana. Explore 26 acres of beautiful terrain by foot or by river, enjoy the wildlife and have fun exploring all the adventures of Strawtown Koteewi Park, including Taylor Center of Natural History, K-Trails, Koteewi Archery Range, Koteewi Aerial Adventures Treetop Trails, and White River Canoe Company. The campground has 106 modern and primitive campsites with quiet spots for fishing, boating and relaxation.
Address: 11299 East 234th Street, Cicero, Indiana 46034
Office Phone: 317-770-4430
May 25 - October 31 Hours: Sunday - Wednesday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm & Thursday - Saturday: 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
November 1 - May 24 Hours: Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Check-in: 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm; Check-out: 12 pm
Do you need help with your reservation?
- White River Campground is open from May 25 through October 31.
- Reservations will open annually on the first business day in January at 12 noon for the current year’s camping season.
- Reservations may be made online here. Reservations can also be made in-person or over the phone.
- Registered campers must be 21 years of age with a valid ID.
- Eight people is the maximum number allowed at a campsite. Each site may have two tents or one camper and one small tent.
- Vehicles are limited to 2 per site on most sites. Additional vehicles must be parked in designated campground parking lot.
- Maximum length of stay is 14 consecutive nights out of a 16-night period.
- We require full payment at the time the reservation is made.
CANCELLATION & NO-SHOW POLICY
- Cancellations made 14 or less days prior to arrival: forfeit all funds and are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Cancellations made >14 days prior to arrival: have two options:
1. Re-book for another date within the same camping season.
2. Request a refund check for the amount paid; minus any processing fees. Please request a refund by filling out our online Cancellation Form. Checks will be issued within 90 days of written request.
- Refunds will be offered when Hamilton County Parks and Recreation deems it necessary to close the campground due to acts of nature. The refund will be for the reservation total minus processing fee.
- Partial refunds are not allowed, a full cancellation is required.
- No-show: guests who do not arrive at the campground on the scheduled date of arrival and do not notify the campground office at 317-770-4430 that they will be arriving late, will forfeit their reservation at 2 pm the day after the scheduled arrival.
- Campsites may NOT be subleased
There are a limited number of ADA Accessibility sites for persons with a disability, as defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act. These sites may be reserved by calling the campground office at (317) 770-4430.
CHECK IN/CHECK OUT TIMES:
- Check in is between 2:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Campers must check in upon arrival at the camp office or the camp host when the office is closed. No check-ins or set-ups are allowed after 10 p.m.
- Check out is 12:00 p.m. Late check-outs may be charged an extra day’s fee.
- A gate code will be provided to registered campers. To protect our campers please do not share with non-registered campers.
We have wi-fi. Please check with the camp office for Wi-Fi information.
- Day visitors are welcome from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. They must register at the camp office, park in the campground parking lot, and walk to sites.
- Visitors are under the responsibility of the registered camper.
- Camp Host are representatives of our campground. They represent the campground and should be treated with respect.
- Speed limit through the campground is 5 mph. Caution should be always taken.
- Camping is permitted in designated sites only. Each site will have one picnic table and one fire ring. Please do not move or borrow from other sites.
- Sites are to be kept in a neat and clean condition. Campers are to place waste in trash bags and place in the dumpsters located around the campgrounds. Do not leave your trash out overnight as the animals may help themselves and create a mess which you will be required to clean-up. Campers should not cut through other campsites.
- Swimming and wading are not permitted in the river or pond. No swimming or wading pools are allowed on campsites. Children are to have adult supervision when at the river.
- We do not allow firewood from outside brought into our campground. Collecting firewood or cutting down standing trees is not permitted. You can purchase firewood from the camp office or campground host.
- Campfires are only permitted in supplied designated fire rings. Never leave your fire unattended and, prior to leaving, make sure your fire is completely extinguished. Please do not leave trash in your fire ring.
- Our quiet time of 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. applies to all guest, including pets. At night, voices carry within the campground, so we ask that moderation and respect be observed
- All motorized non-licensed, ATVs, hoverboards and electric scooters are prohibited. Exceptions for use of handicap campers must be approved by campground manager.
- Utility Trailers, flat trailers, and boats on trailers are not permitted in the camping area and must be parked in the overflow area located at the entrance of the camp.
- Radios and other amplified devices may not be used in a manner that creates excessive noise, and are not allowed during our quiet hours from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Generators are not allowed.
- Possession of alcohol by persons under the age of 21 is against the law in Indiana; and will be enforced.
- No smoking is allowed in, or within 8 feet of any campground building or shelter.
- Illegal drugs, firearms, hunting, or fireworks are not permitted within the campground. Discharge of firearms, air guns, slingshots, or arrows are not permitted unless it is a camp sponsored event.
- Abusive, vulgar, or obscene language, actions, or behavior that is annoying and disturbing to others will not be tolerated.
- Children under the age of 10 must always have adult supervision and must be at their site by 10 p.m. For your child’s safety please do not leave them unattended at the playground, in the bathrooms, or on the river. Our playground closes at dusk.
- We do not allow any RV gray/black water tanks to be dumped onto the ground.
- Camper’s sinks in the laundry room, bathroom and where available, are not to be used for cleaning fish, pets, children, or shampooing hair. Do not clean dishes in bathroom sinks.
- Please seal up your trash in trash bags and place in the dumpsters located around the campgrounds. Do not leave your trash out overnight as the animals may help themselves and create a mess which you will be required to clean-up.
- Car/camper washing, and mechanical repairs are not permitted on site.
PET FRIENDLY RULES:
- White River Campground allows a maximum of two pets per campsite. While pets are welcome, we require a proof of Rabies vaccination be on file in our campground office.
- Pets must be always on a 6-foot leash and under your immediate control.
- Always clean up after your pet by carrying a waste bag with you.
- When you go exploring, please take your pet with you. Do not leave your pet tied up at a campsite or locked in a car. Pets should not be left unattended at your campsite and should not disturb other campers.
- Pets are prohibited from all public areas including the river, playgrounds, restrooms, showers, and shelter.
- All campers 18+ years old are required to have a fishing license to fish in the White River or ponds at the campground.
- Fish cleaning stations are not available in the campgrounds. Do not dispose of fish or fish cleaning scraps in the dumpsters.
EMERGENCY (call 911)
- When an emergency assistance is needed, first call 911, then immediately notify the campground office or camp host. This allows the camp staff to escort the Emergency Personnel directly to the location where assistance is needed.
- Hamilton County Sherriff dispatch: 317-773-1282
- In the event of severe weather or flooding, Campers will be notified by camp staff.
- During severe weather, shelter maybe taken in either bathroom.
- All campers will be required to evacuate if there is flooding.
Visit us on FACEBOOK!
We offer a special discount of buy 6 nights, get 7th free! To activate this discount on our online reservation system, please select all nights of stay (check-in date to check-out date) and discount will be given in cart.
Full RV Hookup
|Rates||In County||Out of County|
Electric & Water
|Rates||In County||Out of County|
|Rates||In County||Out of County|
|Feature||In County||Out of County|
***Tax is not included in above pricing.
The White River Campground offers a 55-foot by 35-foot picnic shelter for rent to large groups and events. The shelter provides grills, picnic tables and trash disposal for your convenience. The shelter holds approximately 50 people. Call 317-770-4430 to reserve.
Canoe and Kayak Trips
For White River Campground Guests - No need to leave the campground!
Our friends at the White River Canoe Company will pick you up at the shelter across from the Campground Office and transport the guests to the Lafayette Trace launch for a 6.5 mile paddle back to the Campground. You will finish at the ramp at the south end of the Campground.
Estimated trip time including transport is 2- 3 hrs.
Pick Up Times: Daily at approximately 9:30 am, 10:30 am, 11:30 am
Reservations: Required – cut off is 4 pm EST the day before desired Pick Up time
To Book a Trip: Go to www.whiterivercanoe.com and Select the “Lafayette Trace to White River Campground- Campers Trip” – click the Book Now button.
Prices: Canoes $55, Single Kayaks $30, Tandem Kayaks $65, Private Canoes/Kayaks Transported $25
- Canoes are 2-person, and can accommodate a 3rd person subject to current weather & water conditions (WRCC discretion)
- Children under 10 years of age are free with 2 paying canoe paddlers
FAQs / Rules & Recommendations for White River Canoe Company
**No Glass Allowed on the River**
For more questions on how to book your adventure during your stay at the White River Campground you can call or text the White River Canoe Company at 317-867-4233 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.