Failure to File

If a taxpayer does not file the appropriate forms by the due date, a Form 133/PP (Notice of Assessment Change/Failure to File) will be sent with an estimated assessed value. The taxpayer has 30 days to file a return (from the date of notice) to correct the assessed value.

What Do I Do If I Have Received a Form 113/PP?
  • You can file a return - You have 30 days from the date on the Form 113/PP to file a return with the appropriate office.
  • You can appeal - You have 45 days from the date on the Form 113/PP to appeal the assessment.
  • You can do nothing - After the 30/45 day windows have passed, the assessment will stand, including all fines and penalties (see page 9).

If you are late filing your return for any reason, assessors do not have statutory authority to release penalties. Assessments may be fixed if you file a late return but penalties cannot be waived.