If you are interested in employment and/or internship with the Hamilton County Department of Probation Services please contact:
Madonna Wagoner at One Hamilton County Square Noblesville, Indiana 46060
PROBATION OFFICER QUALIFICATIONS:
All probation officers must be certified by the State of Indiana.
- 21 years of age
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Be of good moral character
- Pass a written examination within 6 months of hire
- Meet annual continuing education requirements
- Attend an orientation program conducted by the Indiana Judicial Center within the first year of employment.
Probation officers must have a working knowledge of:
- Local, state, and federal regulations
- Standard policies and procedures
- Legal terminology of the justice system
- Knowledge of and ability to make practical application of current developments, theories, and trends in behavior and supervision of probationers.
- For further information, please visit the website of the Indiana Judicial Center
The Hamilton County Department of Probation Services offers internship opportunities to qualified college students. Through this program, students are able to gain valuable insight and experience in the field of Probation. Interns observe all aspects of probation, and as they gain experience and competence, they may conduct routine interviews with probationers and complete other tasks as deemed appropriate by the supervising Probation Officer.