Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Center
PLEASE, Register Your Visit in Advance
To drop-off household wastes such as chemicals, paint, TVs, electronics, Freon containing materials, tires, etc., please register your visit in advance. This enables us to still collect township data, predict drop-off volumes, staff our facility accordingly and support justification for our program. For more information on what we do and do not accept please visit the "Materials Accepted" part of our website under the HHW Drop-Off Center tab.
The General Recycling Area is self-serve and open the same days and hours as the HHW Drop-Off Center. Tuesday to Friday 8am to 5pm and Saturday 8am to 1pm. CLOSED Sunday & Monday. This service is for Hamilton County Residents ONLY. No Businesses or Contractors. No outside of Hamilton County residents allowed. To know what can be accepted in that area visit Republic’s Recycling Website
Alternative Disposal Options for Your Household Waste
Scrap Metal & Freon Containing Materials
Batteries and Light Bulbs
Ink Cartridges, Cell Phones, Small Electronics, and Rechargeable Batteries
Before you visit
Our facilities and services are FREE for Hamilton County residents turning in their personal household hazardous or recyclable waste (No businesses/contractors waste allowed). If you are a business (contractor, school, municipality, commercial business, etc.) work directly with a hazardous waste vendor such as Caldwell Environmental Services or Heritage Environmental for proper disposal of your waste. If you are business that has recycling such as cardboard work directly with a recycling vendor for proper disposal. Outside of Hamilton County residents go to http://www.aiswmd.org/ to find your district.
- HHW Drop-off Center: We will accept typical household wastes that are considered hazardous such as fuels, oils, rechargeable batteries, mercury containing bulbs, cleaners, paints, pesticides, electronics, freon appliances, sharps, and tires.
- e-Waste Recycling: Household electronics such as TVs, Microwaves, Computers, Small Appliances, and cords maybe be turned into the program. Limit 5 TVs a year.
- Paint Disposal: Latex paint is not a hazardous waste. Empty and dry cans may be disposed of at home in curbside trash containers. Full cans of latex or oil based paints and stains may be turned into the HHW Drop-Off Center.
- General Recycling Area: We maintain a self-serve area for all county residents to deposit general household recyclables. Find out what can be recycled here.
- Sharps Disposal Program: We will accept used and empty sharps or lancets Sharps MUST be in an approved sharps container to be accepted. We will give an empty sharps container back free of charge for each container turned in. If you are ONLY bringing sharps, we will not require an appointment. However, please wait patiently if someone is in the middle of their appointment to approach the drop-off area. If you try to drop-off anything more than just sharps containers you will be asked to make an appointment.
- Paper Shred Days: The HHW Drop-off Center provides Paper Shred Days four times a years to county residents.
We are at 1717 Pleasant Street, Ste. 200, Noblesville. Immediately west of the Hamilton County Extension Office and 4-H Fair Grounds.