Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Center

  1. The HHW Center will be OPEN July 3rd and CLOSED July 4th

    Posted on July 1, 2020

    The HHW Drop-Off Center will be OPEN Friday July 3rd and CLOSED Saturday July 4th. Please register your visit in advance on our page of the County's website.
  2. COVID-19 Operations at Household Hazardous Waste

    Posted on May 12, 2020

    Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Center is by Appointment Only. We now provide online scheduling for these appointments. The General Recycling Area is still self-serve and open from 8am to 8pm, daily. Read on...
View All
  1. PLEASE, Register Your Visit in Advance

    To drop-off household wastes such as chemicals, paint, TVs, electronics, Freon containing materials, tires, etc., please register your visit.  This is enables us to still collect township data, predict drop-off volumes, and staff our facility.   If you are are only bringing sharps in an approved sharps container, you do not need a registration.   For more information on what we do and do not accept please visit the "Materials Accepted" part of our website under the HHW Drop-Off Center tab. 

    Register Your Visit for HHW Drop-Off Center

The General Recycling Area is self-serve and open the same days and hours as the HHW Drop-Off Center.  Tuesday to Friday 8am to 5pm and Saturday 8am to 1pm.  CLOSED Sunday & Monday.  This service is for Hamilton County Residents ONLY.  No Businesses or Contractors.  No out of County Residents allowed.   To know what can be accepted in that area visit Republic’s Recycling Website

Before you visit 

Our facilities and services are FREE for Hamilton County residents turning in their personal household hazardous or recyclable waste (No businesses/contractors waste allowed).  If you are a business (contractor, school, municipality, commercial business, etc.) work directly with a hazardous waste vendor such as American Industrial Services or Heritage Environmental for proper disposal of your waste. If you are business that has recycling such as cardboard work directly with a recycling vendor for proper disposal.  Outside of Hamilton County residents go to  to find your district.

Materials Accepted and Services Provided for Hamilton County Residents

  • HHW Drop-off Center:  We will accept typical household wastes that are considered hazardous such as fuels, oils, rechargeable batteries, mercury containing bulbs, cleaners, paints, pesticides, electronics, freon appliances, sharps, and tires. 
  • e-Waste Recycling:  Household electronics such as TVs, Microwaves, Computers, Small Appliances, and cords maybe be turned into the program. Limit 5 TVs a year.
  • Paint Disposal:  Latex paint is not a hazardous waste. Empty and dry cans may be disposed of at home in curbside trash containers. Full cans of latex or oil based paints and stains may be turned into the HHW Drop-Off Center.
  • General Recycling Area: We maintain a self-serve area for all county residents to deposit general household recyclables. Find out what can be recycled here.
  • Sharps Disposal Program: We will accept used and empty sharps or lancets Sharps MUST be in an approved sharps container to be accepted.  We will give an empty sharps container back free of charge for each container turned in.  If you are ONLY bringing sharps, we will not require an appointment.  However, please wait patiently if someone is in the middle of their appointment to approach the drop-off area. If you try to drop-off anything more than just sharps containers you will be asked to make an appointment.  
  • Paper Shred Days: The HHW Drop-off Center provides Paper Shred Days four times a years to county residents.


We are at 1717 Pleasant Street, Ste. 200, Noblesville. Immediately west of the Hamilton County Extension Office and 4-H Fair Grounds. 


Household Hazardous Waste Building