Where to Apply
From Indiana Code I.C 31-11-4-3
- Indiana residents- at least one or both applicants must be a resident of Hamilton county. (if one person lives in Hamilton county and the other person lives in a different county, you have the option of applying in either one of those counties.) Please be sure you are coming to the correct county to apply for your license.
- If one applicant lives in Hamilton county and the other applicant lives in a different state and you are getting married in Indiana, you would need to apply in Hamilton county.
- Out of state residents (both applicants)- applicants must apply in the county that the marriage is taking place in.
- Both applicants must be present to apply for the license (bring interpreter if you need one)
- This marriage license is valid in the state of Indiana only.
- An Indiana License is not valid to use in any other state or any country outside of the united states.