Agency Operating Adjustments during Covid-19
Next update is expected June 3rd, 2020 about 5 pm
The following County Buildings are closed to the general access until at least June 3rd, 4:30 PM. Buildings will be open to the public for regular business beginning 7:30 AM, Thursday, June 4. This includes the Hamilton County Judicial Center, Old Courthouse, Hamilton County Health Department, Hamilton County Highway Department, Hamilton County Soil & Conservation District, Purdue Extension Office, and Hamilton County Weights & Measures. See announcements below for exceptions related to specific agencies; such as, Courts, Parks & Recreation, and Household Hazardous Waste.
- Access is allowed for employees and those citizens with an appointment, or those with a court hearing.
- Points of Entry: For the Judicial Center, use the Main Entrance on the East Side of the building. For the Old Courthouse, use the West Door of the Courthouse.
- Individuals entering the Judicial Center or the Old Courthouse must:
- wear masks while in the building (You need to provide your own mask),
- maintain social distancing of 6 feet,
- sanitizing hands with hand sanitizer provided at the screening post,
- may be required to have their temperature checked at the discretion of the officers at the screening post. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit will not be allowed into the building.
- Public hours at both buildings will be limited to 7:30AM-4:30PM Monday through Friday.
- Voters will also be allowed into the Judicial Center for early voting which starts on Tuesday, May 26th and on Election Day Tuesday, June 2nd. Voters will not be required to wear a face mask or submit to temperature check. Voters will be required to sanitize hands. Hand sanitizing stations will be provided at front door of Judicial Center.
Events and Cancellations:
Many in-person County Government meetings and events have been cancelled. Please check our County Calendar for the current status of any event.
Specific Operational Changes:
Posted on May 19, 2020Access Limited to Employees, Voters, Appointments, and Court Hearings. The Hamilton County Commissioners voted Monday (May 18th) to extend the closure of county buildings to the general public until 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, June 3rd. Read on...
Posted on May 18, 2020In response to concerns about COVID-19, the Hamilton Circuit and Superior Courts have declared an emergency operations plan which will change the way in which we operate. Read on...
Posted on May 12, 2020More Sites Could Mean Shorter Lines & Better Social Distancing. Close to 88,000 voters in Hamilton County will have a new polling location for the Primary Election on Tuesday, June 2nd. Read on...
Posted on April 30, 2020Property taxes are due for residents in the State of Indiana on Monday, May 11th. However, an executive order issued by Governor Eric Holcomb gives those who need extra time in making those payments an extra 60 days without penalty. Read on...
Posted on April 27, 2020New Satellite Locations have been selected for the June 2nd Primary Election. Residents are still encouraged to Vote by Absentee Ballot; you can apply for an absentee ballot until May 21st at Indianavoters.com Read on...
Posted on March 20, 2020Hamilton County Encourages Residents to Conduct Business Online New Webpage Offers Complete List of Online Services Read on...