You will need to provide the following information.
Social Security Number
Both applicants are required to provide their social security number if they have been issued one. (It is not necessary to bring the card with you, but please be prepared and have the number readily available.)
Proof of Date of Birth – I.C 31-11-4-6
Both applicants must be at least 18 years of age to marry in the state of Indiana/Hamilton County. Both applicants must provide ONE of the following forms of I.D. when applying for the license for proof of age:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid State Issued ID Card
- Birth Certificate
- Valid Military ID
- Valid Passport
- For applicants under the age of 18, please contact our office at (317)776-9629 for additional requirements.
Blood Test & Witnesses
The state of Indiana NO longer requires a blood test or witnesses.
Previous Marriage Information
If either applicant has been previously married, the license application requires the following information:
- The number of previous marriages
- The date that the most recent marriage ended
- The way the most recent marriage ended (divorce, death, annulment)
- Mother’s full name (not shortened name- example: Cynthia not Cindy) and mother’s maiden name (last name before she was ever married)
- Father’s full name (not shortened name- example: Thomas not tom)
- Current or last known residence of both mother and father (city and state are fine if you don’t know the street address)
- Birthplace of both mother and father (state or country only-application does not ask for city)