146th St. West - Phase 4
11/4/2020: Construction is now underway. Traffic along 146th St. will be maintained during construction.
Road Closures / Traffic Restrictions
- Carmel/Westfield, Indiana – Please be advised, effective on or after Friday, October 23, 2020, 146th Street will be under a traffic shift. Traffic is currently directed onto the frontage road. During this traffic shift, motorists will be directed onto the newly constructed 146th Street west of Shelborne Road, going directly to the roundabout.
- EMERGENCY and LOCAL TRAFFIC: It is important to note that the only way to access the six parcels on the north side (which begin approximately 1,950’ west of Shelborne Road) is via Shelborne Road. Residents and Emergency Personnel will need to go north on Shelborne Road, then west on ‘Old 146th Street’; a section of road that is still to be named. A cul-de-sac will be constructed at the westernmost property during this traffic shift as well.
- ROAD OPENING – Little Eagle Creek Avenue south of 146th Street is now open to all traffic as of the end of the day Friday, October 23, 2020, which is more than a month earlier than expected.
All Phases: 146th St. from Boone Co. to Spring Mill Rd.
- Phase 1 - Spring Mill Rd. to Ditch Rd. Opens a New Window. - Construction complete
- Phase 2 - Ditch Rd. to Towne Rd. Opens a New Window. - Construction complete
- Phase 3 - Towne Rd. to Shelborne Rd. Opens a New Window. - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- Phase 4 - Shelborne Rd. to Boone Co. Opens a New Window. - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
The expansion of 146th Street will continue from west of Springmill Road to the Boone County Line. The road will be reconstructed to a 5-lane section with center median. 146th Street will be limited access with no drives or curb cuts allowed between mile points. Frontage roads will be utilized parallel to 146th Street to access homes / businesses. Roundabout intersections are planned at the mile points (ie. Eagle Creek Road, Shelborne Road, Towne Road, and Ditch Road).
- Design Firms: USI Consultants
- Contractor: E&B Paving
- Construction Start Date: Spring 2020
- Construction Completion: Spring / Summer 2021
- Construction Cost: TBD