General Recycling Area
The Hamilton County Household Hazardous Waste Center maintains a self-serve residential general recycling area. This area, which is directly south of the HHW Drop Off Center, offers recycling containers for all county residents to deposit general household recyclables.
This is for Hamilton County RESIDENTIAL use only. Businesses and contractors are NOT allowed to use this area.
Please consider taking cardboard to Lusco (1295 S. 5th Street, Noblesville) for FREE and easy disposal.
This area is open from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. 7 days a week, including holidays.
Recycling Materials Accepted
All materials must be loose, clean, and dry. NO PLASTIC BAGS in any of the recycling containers!
- Commingle Compactor: We will accept Aluminum & Steel Cans (NO SCRAP METAL!), Plastic bottles/jugs/containers #1, #2, #4, #5, and #7 (Nothing larger than a laundry detergent bottle! No plastic bags or wrap!). Glass jars & bottles can be put into the commingle compactor but may not be recycled by Republic. Please DO NOT bag recycling!
- Mixed Paper Compactor: We will accept loose/clean: Newspaper, Magazines, Packing Paper, Shopping Catalogs, Office and School Paper, Mail, NO SHREDDED PAPER. Please DO NOT bag recycling!
- Cardboard Compactors: CLEAN and flattened cardboard and paperboard only. (no cardboard with wax, tin or plastic). Please remove all Styrofoam!!
For more information, visit "Recycling Simplified" to know what can go into the compactors at the Hamilton County General Recycling Area Compactors. If Republic is your curbside recycling provider, this is also guidance on what you can put in your bin at home.
Materials not Accepted
- Styrofoam and/or Packing Peanuts
- Trash or Garbage (including materials contaminated with oil or food)
- Plastic Toys, Plastic Bags or Sheets of Plastic
- Grass Clippings or Yard Waste
- Large Pieces of Plastic or Metals that are too big for the compactor
- Windows or Panes of Glass
- Building Materials such as siding, shingles, boards, etc. This area is for Recyclable materials only, NO trash containers are available for public use.
- "When in doubt, throw it out" - If you are not sure what type of plastic or material it is do NOT put it in the compactor. Throw it in your curbside garbage at home.
FACILITY IS UNDER SURVEILLANCE, DUMPING IS PROHIBITED
- Items not placed in the corresponding containers will be considered illegally dumped. The area is under surveillance.
- Violation of illegal dumping ORDINANCE SEC. 13-21-4-1, upon conviction, shall be fined an amount not to exceed $2,500.00.