HHW Drop-Off Center
PLEASE, Register Your Visit in Advance
To drop-off household wastes such as chemicals, paint, electronics (including *Televisions), Freon containing materials (refrigerators/freezers), tires, etc., please register your visit in advance. This enables us to still collect township data, predict drop-off volumes, staff our facility accordingly, and provide justification for our program to county leadership.
Our facility is for Hamilton County residents disposing of their personal household waste only. Limit 200 pounds per residence per month. For more information on what we do and do not accept please visit the "Materials Accepted" part of our website or call 317-776-4005 and press 1 to speak to a technician.
You do NOT need to register for our quarterly shred days or for the general recycling compactors in the south part of our compound.
HHW Drop-Off Center Requirements
- Please register your visit in advance.
- Limit 200 pounds of waste per residence per month.
- We have a right to refuse any materials we feel are unsafe or not following program rules.
- Only Hamilton County residents can use our services. Materials from businesses, non-profits, contractors, etc. or out of county residents will NOT be accepted.
- Proof of residency is required such as a valid drivers license, tax id form or current utility bill with a form of ID.
- Please remain in your vehicle until you are in the unloading zone and technician is able to give you directions on off loading your materials.
Proper handling is very important. Materials pose many safety hazards if not packed for transportation properly. Below are a few tips to take in consideration before bringing your materials into the HHW center. Please see our Materials Accepted page for a break down of items that may be dropped off.
- Place items containing liquid into plastic totes to avoid a mess in your vehicle.
- Avoid packing items in trash bags or grocery bags, as they can spill easily if not upright.
- Do not mix fragile items, such as light bulbs, with other materials.
- Do not pour materials together, as a violent reaction can occur.
- Make sure your material is in the original container and properly labeled.
- Materials that are not packed safely may not be accepted at the HHW Center.
- As always, follow manufacturers recommendations for safe handling and use.
If you have questions regarding the packaging of materials, you may contact the HHW Center during regular business hours.
FACILITY IS UNDER SURVEILLANCE, DUMPING IS PROHIBITED
- Items not placed in the corresponding containers will be considered illegally dumped. The area is under surveillance.
- Violation of illegal dumping ORDINANCE SEC. 13-21-4-1, upon conviction, shall be fined an amount not to exceed $2,500.00.