Legal Self-Help Center

Do you need help picking the right legal forms?

Are you having trouble getting your case filed?

Are you not able to afford to hire an attorney?

You may be able to get help from the Hamilton County Legal Self-Help Center.

Services Offered

  • Request to Appear By Phone or Computer (Request to attend using a device instead of in person)
  • Contempt
  • Continuance
  • Foreclosure (Request a Settlement Conference with Lender)
  • Small Claims Eviction Complaint
  • Verified Petition for Specialized Driving Privileges
  • Petition for Waiver of BMV Reinstatement Fees 
  • Expungement (Conviction and Non-Conviction)
  • Expungement Letter to Request a Waiver of Court Fines/Fees
  • Child Support
     Modification with or without an agreement
     Modification due to emancipation
    Terminate due to all children emancipated
    Petition for College Expenses and Special Medical/Hospital and/or Dental Expenses
    Request for Continued Child Support Because Child is 19 and in High School
  • Child Custody (Modification with or without agreement)
  • Divorce
    With children and with agreement
    With children and without an agreement
    Without children and with agreement
    Without children and without agreement
  • Guardianship
    Guardianship of Minor Child With Parental Consent
    Guardianship of Minor Child without Parental Consent
  • Parenting Time
    Establish parenting time without an agreement when parents never married
    Establish parenting time with agreement when parents never married
    Modification of parenting time when parents are divorced
    Modification of parenting time when parents never married
    Modification of parenting time without an agreement
  • Paternity (Petition to Establish Paternity)
  • Relocation
     Provide Notice of Parent’s Intent to Relocate
     Respond to Notice of Parent’s intent to Relocate
    Request a Hearing on Objection to Relocation
  • Request a Fee Waiver for the filing of your case
  • Name Change
    Adult Name Change
    Adult Gender Marker Change
    Minor Gender Marker Change
    Minor Name Change With Consent
    Minor Name Change Without Consent


Center participants must meet financial eligibility standards established by the State to utilize all services offered. Limited services are available to participants who do not meet financial eligibility standards and/or own substantial assets.

Process for meeting with an attorney

You need to first submit an intake form. Refer to Attorney Assistance or E-filing Assistance for the appropriate intake form.

Once eligibility has been established, you can make an appointment to meet with the attorney. Attorney appointments are available on:

two Wednesdays each month, 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. and

two Fridays each month, 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

About Our Services

While the Center can assist you in the selection and completion of certain Court forms, e-filing, and provide limited referrals for other types of assistance, the Center will not be providing legal advice or assistance or representing you in Court.  It is best to have an attorney represent you in a legal matter.

Legal Aid of
East Central Indiana
P.O. Box 324
New Castle, IN 47362

Office Intake: 765-521-0790
Guardianship, Mortgage Foreclosure, Divorce, Small Estates, Landlord/Tenant, and other civil matters. No Criminal, Fee-Generating Cases, or Immediate Assistance.
Indiana Legal Services 
1200 Madison Avenue, Suite 300
Indianapolis, IN 46225
Intake: 844-243-8570
Office: 317-631-9410

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm
Family Law, Consumer Law, Senior Law, Housing Issues, and Public Benefits
Indianapolis Legal 
Aid Society, Inc.
615 N. Alabama, Suite 122
Indianapolis, IN 46204

Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Adoption, Paternity, Visitation, Guardianship, Support, Custody, Divorce, Housing, Bankruptcy, and Debt Collection. No assistance for fee-generating cases, and criminal issues.

If you can afford to hire an attorney, but do not know where to find a legal professional, one of the following Bar Associations may be able to help you begin your search for an attorney.

Hamilton County Bar Association
1312 Maple Avenue
Noblesville, IN 46060

Indiana State Bar Association